- Orders can only be placed for current finanical members (you can have a representative place an order on your behalf as long as your membership is paid).
- Products are issued once per month. Orders need to be placed anytime within the month of issue. If you miss a month, we CANNOT issue appliances for a previous month (this is a rule set by the Government's Stoma Appliance Scheme).
- For members who have had their stoma for longer than 6 months, you can order for the current month plus the next month (i.e. a two month supply). The reason for the 6 month waiting period is that members often need to change their products when they are new ostomates.
- For each product, quantities can be issued up to the maximum monthly limits set by the Department of Health and Ageing, which are outlined on the Stoma Appliance Schedule. If you ask for two different products that do the same job within one month (e.g. a mixture of closed pouches and drainable pouches), we are only able to issue a percentage of each to equate to the monthly maximum.
- Supplies in excess of the maximum monthly limits can be issued on production of a valid Application for Additional Stoma Supplies certificate (Medicare Form) from your doctor or stomal therapy nurse. Note that this must be on the specific Form pb050-1501 and a normal medical certificate cannot be accepted. Your Stomal Therapy Nurse will be familiar with the guidlines applying to Form pb050, but you may need to talk to us if you are going to ask your GP to authorise the form.
- To ensure your product will be available, it is best to place your order at least one week before you want to collect it or have it posted (we post on Monday & Tuesdays, excluding public holidays). We hold stock of items where there are several users, but sometimes stocks are low or supplies are delayed, so we cannot ensure your product will be available if you place an urgent order. If we need to order a product in for you, it is best to place your order by 10am Tuesday and allow up to 2 weeks between placing your order and receiving your supplies.
- Members should aim to build up a reserve of 3-4 weeks supply and from then on place orders to maintain that level.
- Appliances are of excellent quality, but occasionally faults may occur. If you find a defective product, return a sample item plus the portion of the box showing the lot number to the relevant company. Appliances can be affected by heat and should be stored in a cool, dry place.
Delivery of your order by Australia Post - Payment Options
If you want your order sent to you by mail, you will need to provide $12.50 (from July 1) per order for postage and handling.
You can send this with your postal order (cash, cheque or money order), you can include credit card details on your order form, or you can phone us to pay by credit card or use internet banking to make a direct deposit to our bank account. Orders cannot be sent until postage is paid.
Cheques & money orders must be made payable to
OSTOMY TASMANIA INC.
We do not retain credit card details once we have processed a payment so you will need to provide card details each time you make a payment.
If you wish to make a payment using internet banking by direct deposit to our bank account, use the following details for our account: BSB: 807009; Account number: 51094661; Account name: Ostomy Tasmania Inc; **Please make sure you include your name (or the name of the client for whom you are making the transaction) as the transaction reference so that we can identify your payment.**
It is a good idea to pre-pay your postage in a bulk amount (e.g. $50 will cover 4 parcels). This also saves you excessive cheque, money order or transaction fees. We can hold a postage credit on your membership file in our database and advise you of the balance at any time.
Although you will generally receive your order within a week, please don't depend on this and allow at least 2 weeks for delivery of supplies.